Friday, September 3, 2010

Raider Football

I am not going to tell you about my high school days. Not going to mention that I attended Santa Fe High School. Nothing will be said that I married my high school sweetheart. Nope. None of that. Instead, we will talk football. High school football. Gavin's first football game. Essentially, this is a "sort-of" guest post by my husband. These are not his words, however. Nope, these are his pictures... I was dis invited to this foray. "No, no, MAMA! This is not for gurls!"

Pop, Daddy, and Gavin went to the first Santa Fe Raider football game. I sent my prized possession along and someone forgot it in the car. (Thanks, dear. I am sure your phone takes pictures just as well...)

Although Pop is a Raider fan, he is way more interested in showing support for Gator football... this choice of T-shirt is thought out.


At various times during the games, the cheerleaders throw out mini footballs. I have NEVER caught a football. Neither has Matt...but Gavin's first game? He gets one. Is it wrong I am a little envious? Nah, no jealousy here... Just want my little boy to have a good time!




More than anything, Gavin loved to copy the cheerleaders' dance moves and stare at the horns in the band. I am not sure if the Raiders won or lost, but Gavin had a great time and even told Pop "thank you for this ball here..."

No comments: