Sunday, September 26, 2010

What the?

I really enjoy evoking the creative process in my children. I encourage them to participate with me. But sometimes, when you have two children, one must be left unattended so you can ensure the safety of the other. In this particular situation, Gavin and I were baking a Double Chocolate Butter Cake for Aunt Sissy's birthday. We had just measured and poured all of our dry ingredients into a glass bowl, when Noah yelled out from his bedroom (he was supposed to be sleeping). When I returned a mere 45 seconds later, the carnage lay before me...
What you don't see: flour all over the ground, Gavin's step stool, the stove, a dumped out container of salt- which may or may not have landed into our dry ingredients...and a very sweet boy who says, "I finished it Mommy! I am a real good helper!"

What can I say to that???

Until I pull the cake out of the oven... all three pans look like this. Not only is it lop-sided, but really puffy, and really, really shiny. Kinda like patent leather cake. Doesn't sound so tasty, huh? Patent leather heels? Yes. Cake? Not so much...

Clearly I have a condumdrum... To be continued...


Posted by Picasa

No comments: