Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

By now, the presents have been unwrapped, the stockings raided, and the house strewn with paper and ribbons. It is so much fun to get swept up in the images and bustle this season brings. As I review my blog, too few images (actually none) of what I tell my children of the purpose of this celebration grace these posts. For that I am ashamed. Eventhough it is oversight, it is inexcusable. I enjoy the secular images and celebrations of this time of year, but more importantly this holiday is about a baby. Jesus came to this world as a newborn born into meagerness. He came to save us. He died for us. Out of pure love. We need to talk with him daily and keep Him the focus of our day. It is that simple. Not easy, but simple. I tell my children this. I strive (and fail and fail again) to live this way. We do not need to take a moment to remember this, we need to fill this celebration with it. As you can see, in my reflection, I have fallen short. Short of posting a feel-good, Oprah experience telling to thine-own-self be true and God = love, and everything is ok because it feels good; it breaks my heart that there are no images of my faith in all the posts I've made for Christmas and for that I need to pray because I am burdened.


No comments: